The MESH International Advisory Council has members from across the UNESCO regions, invited because of their specialist knowledge and understanding of the potential of the MESH initiative. Appointment to the Council is for three years with the possibility of extension. The role is an honorary role.
Council members are asked to
- brief the MESH International Council on matters relating to MESH in their country and promote and explain MESH through their role on national and international bodies
- receive and comment on the draft Annual Report and AGM papers
- receive periodic newsletters
- support the MESH Executive Board in identifying leading researchers, research knowledge and research units in their country.
- support the MESH Executive Board in identifying and securing funding to ensure the initiative’s long term.